FEMA Opens Second Disaster Recovery Center in Atlantic County
This one is open behind the Hamilton Mall, as of 2 p.m. today.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) opened a second disaster recovery center in Atlantic County as of 2 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, according to Atlantic County officials.
This center is located behind the Hamilton Mall at 4403 Black Horse Pike (Rte. 322) in Mays Landing, county officials said. Last week, FEMA opened a disaster recovery center at the Atlantic City Convention Center. According to county officials, both sites are open 8 a.m.-8 p.m., and offer a full range of services to those who were victimized by Superstorm Sandy.
The county encourages individuals and businesses to register with FEMA prior to visiting the centers by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362), registering online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by smartphone at m.fema.gov.
Disaster Recovery Centers may provide the following services:
* Guidance regarding disaster recovery
* Clarification of any written correspondence received
* Housing Assistance and Rental Resource information
* Answers to questions, resolution to problems and referrals to agencies that may provide further assistance
* Status of applications being processed by FEMA
* SBA program information if there is a SBA Representative at the Disaster Recovery Center site
Any form of registration will require that a person provide private information such as social security number, proof of residency at the location they are claiming, proof of insurance coverage and bank information (for electronic funds transfer to an account), county officials said.