Small Child Taken to Hospital For Medical Evaluation Following Explosion on Duerer Street
The ensuing fire was the result of a heating device exploding inside the home.
A small child was transported to the hospital for a medical evaluation following an explosion at a home on the 600 block of Duerer Street Saturday afternoon, Feb. 2, Galloway Police said.
The child was inside the residence at the time of the explosion, and was transported to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center Mainland Campus, police said. No other injuries were reported as a result of the explosion, police said.
According to police, a preliminary investigation revealed a heating device exploded in the basement. The structure suffered significant damage, police said.
Police and volunteers from the Germania Fire Department reported to the scene at 2:51 p.m. Saturday. Upon arrival, they observed a large amount of smoke coming from the interior of the residence. Police ensured that all residents were safely out of the home.