Statement From Galloway Township Office of Emergency Management
The township issued the advisory ahead of the major storm expected to hit the area early next week.
The Galloway Township Office of Emergency Management would like to urge residents to start preparing for the possible strike by Hurricane Sandy. Now is the time to make your preparations while the weather is favorable.
Residents are encouraged to:
1) Secure items on your property such as trash cans, lawn furniture, children’s toys, etc.
2) Ensure drains and gutters are clear of leaves and debris.
3) Be sure loose braches and shrubs are cleared from your property.
4) Find out your best evacuation route should evacuations be required.
5) Prepare a 3 day supply of water and food in the event of power outages.
Residents should continue to monitor the progress of the storm closely. Also, residents living along the bay should keep a close eye on water levels and be prepared to evacuate if necessary. We will keep residents updated through nixle and Facebook and ask you only call 911 in emergencies.
For full details, view this message on the web.