1. The Galloway Council meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 13, will now take place on Monday, Nov. 12 at 6:30 p.m. The township’s Veterans’ Day celebration also takes place that morning, at the municipal complex, at 11 a.m.
2. An advertisement for Galloway Township’s Plenary Retail Distribution License has been sent to the businesses that attended the township’s Development Roundtable in January. The bids are scheduled to be unsealed at the municipal complex on Nov. 16.
3. Galloway Senior Services will host a Halloween Party at the Senior Center on the White Horse Pike and Carton Avenue on Oct. 25 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Doors open at 10:30, and the film “Hokus Pokus,” will be shown at 11. The event is for adults 50 years and older, and no children are allowed. Cake, coffee, chips and popcorn will be available and there will be music and dancing. The event is free.
4. Historic Smithville and the Village Greene will play host to the Costume Pet Parade on Saturday, Oct. 27 from 1-3 p.m., and to its second Zombie Walk on Sunday, Oct. 28, beginning at 4 p.m. Following the Zombie Walk, JD’s Pub will host two independent horror films made by local filmmakers, including Kevin Orosz (Blood Lodge) and Evelle Mitchell (Ticket to Hell).
5. It’s now easier than ever to blog on Patch. Just click on “Want to Blog on Patch?” on the home page. On the ensuing page, click “Post on Patch,” then write a post and click “submit.” It is then passed on to Local Editor Anthony Bellano to approve for the site. When your post is approved, you receive an email confirmation.