1. At the Jan. 22, Galloway Township Councilman Jim McElwee suggested the township post the full text of resolutions on the website prior to meetings. He also suggested posting the complete bill list to the site. Township Clerk Thalia C. Kay stated the list is posted as completely as possible prior to the meeting, and Manager Arch Liston stated it might be possible to start posting the whole list at least one day in advance.
2. The Galloway Township Athletic Association will hold sign ups for baseball and softball this weekend at 265 South Zurich Avenue in Egg Harbor City. On Friday, sign ups are from 6-8 p.m., and on Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
3. On Jan. 15, Atlantic County Executive Dennis Levinson introduced a $194,009,057.54 budget with $155,770,109.58 to be raised by taxes. On Tuesday, it was announced that the state was cutting over $172,000 from Family and Community Development. First reading of the budget was held on Jan. 22. Second reading, with public comment, is Feb. 5 in Northfield.
4. It’s now easier than ever to blog on Patch. Just click on “Want to Blog on Patch?” on the home page. On the ensuing page, click “Post on Patch,” then write a post and click “submit.” It is then passed on to Local Editor Anthony Bellano to approve for the site. When your post is approved, you receive an email confirmation.
5. Classes began at the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey's Hammonton campus on Tuesday. The grand opening for the satellite campus, named after Charles and Lynn Kramer, takes place next Thursday, Jan. 31. The Kramers will be in attendance.