Happy St. Patrick’s Day, Galloway!
Results of this week’s Readers’ Choice poll suggests that about 90 percent of the township, or at least 90 percent of Galloway Patch’s readership, will spend today at the . While it may be the best place to have a Guinness or two, patrons should keep the food items in mind, no matter where they are going or what they are drinking. At the end of the day, make the decisions that will best help them get home safely.
With that in mind, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) offers the following tips for helping to prevent buzzed driving in the township.
- Post our new St. Patrick’s infographic (attached) on your blog or Facebook page
- Before drinking, plan ahead and designate a sober driver
- If you’re impaired, call a taxi, sober friend or family member, or use public transportation so you are sure to get home safely
- Use your community’s sober ride program
- If you happen to see a drunk driver on the road, don’t hesitate, contact local law enforcement
- Remember, Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving. If you know people who are about to drive or ride with someone who is impaired, take the driver’s keys and help them make other arrangements to get to their destination safely
The NHTSA asks those celebrating the holiday to keep in mind how costly buzzed driving can be: up to $10,000 in legal fees, court costs, and increased insurance rates.
In order to avoid buzzed or drunk driving, using a designated driver is good, but calling a cab is always best. The following is a list of phone numbers of cab companies that operate in or near Galloway.
- Absolute Transportation Services, serving Galloway 609-601-5034
- AC Taxi, Egg Harbor 609-813-2227
- Atlantic City Yellow Cab Co., Atlantic City 609-344-1221
- C&C Cab Co., Galloway 609-399-9100
- Denny’s Taxi Services, Galloway 609-652-7146
- Galloway Taxi, Pleasantville 609-748-0075
- Joanne’s Taxi, serving Galloway 609-957-5347
- Shore Points Taxi and Limousine, Galloway 609-513-1177