.

Four Displaced by Early Morning House Fire

The fire claimed a home on Bally Bunion Drive Thursday morning.

Galloway fire companies battled an early morning house fire on Bally Bunion Drive that left four people displaced Thursday morning, police said.

The fire began when a lit cigarette caused a mattress to catch fire and proceeded to engulf the home in flames, according to police.

Upon arrival, police confirmed all residents were evacuated. One resident was treated for slight burns to the hand on the scene by Galloway EMS.

Red Cross and Salvation Army were on hand to assist the four victims with relocation and to provide care for all involved.

The Germania, South Egg Harbor, Pomona, and Cologne Fire Departments all responded to the scene to fight the fire. The Oceanville and Elwood Fire Departments also assisted with the incident.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »