1. Galloway Council approved penalties to be assessed against those who violate the rules. Violators will have their equipment confiscated and will only be able to retrieve it after paying a $65 processing fee. If the police department deems it necessary, violators will also have to pay a $250 fine. The penalties were deemed necessary after the skate park was temporarily closed last month and later reopened with stricter guidelines.
2. Council passed a resolution to allow the township to join the State Health Benefits Program for health benefits and a prescription drug program. The township was previously self-insured. Council said 134 of its 400 employees are under the township’s health care plan, which will now have fixed budget costs. Council also adopted a premium delay option under the State Health Benefits Program for a two-month transitional period.
3. Council tabled a resolution that would’ve authorized the township to enter into a shared services agreement with the Atlantic County Improvement Authority.
4. Council renewed the alcoholic beverage licenses for and for 2012-13.
5. A special meeting will be held tonight at 6 p.m. at the municipal complex to discuss the three candidates for the and the possibility of using an