Galloway Township to Apply For FEMA Mitigation Funds for Elevating Homes

There is no guarantee of funds and FEMA grants cover 75 percent of projects.

Galloway Township is applying for Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) mitigation funds to elevate homes in Galloway, the township announced Thursday morning, Jan. 31.

Residents seeking consideration for funding must inform the township by Tuesday, Feb. 5, 4:30 p.m. Residents must provide the following information:

@font-face { font-family: "Calibri"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 8pt; line-height: 107%; font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

1. Name of owner (must be yourself)

2. Address of property to be considered

3. Block and lot of property to be considered

4. Phone number(s)

5. email address (if available)

Requests will be accepted via fax at 609-652-1967; email at GallowayOEM@Comcast.net; or delivering to Township Manager Arch Liston's office at 300 East Jimmie Leeds Road.

FEMA grants will cover 75 percent of total projects, and homeowners will be responsible for the other 25 percent.

For additional information contact the Galloway Township Office of Emergency Management at 652-3705, ext. 206


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »