As we look ahead to November’s elections, Galloway Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Here's our start on the municipal, county and federal candidates we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Atlantic County Freeholders: An at-large race will have Democrat Colin Bell contesting incumbent Republican Frank Giordano. That will be the only contest in which Galloway Township residents will have a vote. In other races: Democrat Stephen Dicht will run for the 2nd District seat against Atlantic County Freeholder Chairman Frank Formica, a Republican. Democrat Erica Polito will run for the 5th District seat against incumbent James Bertino.
- Galloway Township Council: A special election will be held in November to fill the seat left vacant by the resignation of Dennis Kleiner on June 25. Republican John Mooney has since been appointed to the seat, and will face Democrat Jim McElwee this November, with the winner to fill the seat through it's expiration at the end of next year.
- 2nd Congressional District: Incumbent U.S. Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R) will face Democrat Cassandra Shober, a business person and mother from Ventnor.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.