The Black Horse Pike Regional School District (BHPRSD) Board of Education is expected to approve Daniel Mackie as Triton Regional High School's interim principal at a special meeting this afternoon.
The board last week called the meeting for 4:30 p.m. today at the district's Erial Road office building.
Superintendnet John Golden said this morning he expects the board will approve a committee's selection of Mackie, who last served as interim principal at Lindenwold Middle School.
The committee consisted of four board members, Triton stakeholders, including three parents, and central office administrators, Golden said.
Triton principal Catherine DePaul has been suspended with pay since Oct. 3, one day before she was charged with covering up information regarding teacher-student sexual relationships during the 2011-12 school year.
Three teachers and a second administrator have also been charged in the sex scandal, and all are also suspended with pay.
For more on the Triton teacher-student sex charges, visit:
- Black Horse Pike Board Calls Special Meeting
- BHPRSD Board to Work with Administration on Triton Interim Principal Search
- BHPRSD Board Moves to Take Suspended Educators' Pay
- Suspended Triton Educators Still Drawing Paychecks?
- School District Hires PR Firm in Wake of Triton Sex Scandal
- District, Superintendent Issue Statements on Triton Sex Scandal
- 'Shocked,' 'Astonished' Triton Students React to Sex Scandal
- [UPDATE] Triton Teachers Under Investigation